Feeding your baby, whether by bottle or breast, should be an activity that you and your baby enjoy together. The Australian Baby Quoddle is truly the most unique baby bottle on the market. Containing no plastic, these bottles are made from hand blown borosilicate glass with natural hevea rubber teats and caps. The logo is even etched into the glass so as to not contain chemicals using dyes. Glass also helps to promote bonding and safe feeding by being a supervised use only product. You can never hold your baby too much, and study after study shows the importance of holding your baby while feeding.
- Each set comes with two 6oz bottles, 2 "newborn flow" teats, and 2 caps
- Bottles are marked both in oz and ml
- Medium flow teats are available separately
- The teats are latex-free
- Glass is dishwasher safe and microwave safe
- Teats should never be exposed to heat by any method of sterilization or otherwise. They will crack and become unusable. Please follow cleaning directions below.
- Due to being glass, these bottles are supervised use only
- The glass part of the bottle can be hand washed or run through the dishwasher.
- The teats and caps are hand wash only in cold to warm soapy water.
- For "sterilizing" the rubber teat and cap, Baby Quoddle recommends the 'Milton' formula or tablets. However, sterilization is not necessary unless recommended by your doctor.
- These bottles have a negative pressure release valve (that little indent/hole on the teat). While feeding baby, ensure this valve is clear of babies mouth. Position clear and to the side.
Due to the natural properties of rubber, the teats can breakdown and cause hairline cracks with use. As with a toothbrush, it is recommended to replace the teats every 4-8 weeks with constant use or with any signs of wear. Signs of too much wear include cracks, stickiness, peeling, very dark color. Replacements are available on our website.
- Although these are latex free (through a process that removes the latex in the rubber), we do not recommend using these bottles for a child who has a latex allergy.
- Designed in Australia
- Made in Malaysia (where rubber is grown!)
- Compliant with Australian and International safety standards
A note on teat flow, baby and bottle positioning: These bottles come with the "newborn" flow teat which advertises use from 0-3 months. However, follow your baby's cues. If they show no signs of discomfort while using the newborn teat, continue to use this flow as long as they are comfortable. To promote respectful, safe and appropriate fullness, "paced bottle feeding" (youtube search!) can be utilized. Babies who are primarily breastfed tend to use a slower-flow teat for longer than primarily or exclusively bottle-fed babies. Also keep in mind that every flow is different for each brand of bottle, so if you are on slow flow using one brand, you may be on medium flow using another. You will know when to move onto the "medium flow" teat IF your baby starts fussing through feeds and if they're taking more than 30 minutes to complete a bottle feeding. You will know if you have upgraded to the "medium flow" too soon if your baby is gulping, going "bug eyed," or if their arms are flailing.